PMHNP-BC, AGNP, CRNP
Lead, Co-Occurring Behavioral Health
Shannon brings 14 years of broad healthcare experience and a genuine passion for patient care. She is board certified as a nurse practitioner in both psychiatry and primary care. Shannon sees patients at BrightWell Health who are in need of care for substance use disorders as well as co-occurring anxiety, depression or other behavioral/emotional health conditions.
Shannon began her career as a nurse on the medical surgical floor at Sibley Hospital in Washington, DC. As a nurse practitioner, she then worked in Infectious Disease for Johns Hopkins University and the primary care group at the University of Maryland Baltimore Washington Medical Center, treating patients with diverse and complex needs.
Shannon’s interest in psychiatry and substance use disorders developed after seeing many patients with these health concerns and the limited care that is available in the community. Shannon worked in psychiatry at the Arundel Lodge behavioral health urgent care clinic, treating patients of all ages with mental health conditions and substance use disorders.
- George Mason University, Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BS)
- Catholic University, Masters in Science, Adult Geriatric Nurse Practitioner (NP)
- Johns Hopkins University, Post Masters Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner (PMHNP)
- Medical Surgical floor – Sibley Hospital, Washington, DC
- Infectious Disease – Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center, Baltimore, MD
- Primary Care – University of Maryland Baltimore Washington Medical Center in Pasadena, MD
- Psychiatry – Arundel Lodge in Annapolis, MD
- Primary Care as a NP
- Psychiatry as a NP
- NEI Neuroscience Education Institute
- AANP American Association of Nurse Practitioners
- NPAM Nurse Practitioner Association of Maryland